D
Posted By
dawn-nz
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a photoshop 7 file that is a two colour file with a black channel and a spot colour channel. Can someone please tell me what I need to do with the file so I can import/place in InDesign 2, so I can make a PDF file and can see it properly.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jun 22, 2004
Save as DCS2
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 23, 2004
Save as a PS PDF.

Write a PDF out of In Design.
D
dawn-nz
Jun 23, 2004
When I try saving as PS PDF is there a particular mode I should have the file as, in Photoshop, becasue at the moment I have it as grayscale and only they gray/black colour of the file is coming through, and not the Spot Colour.
D
dawn-nz
Jun 23, 2004
Hi, when I try saving as DCS2, again is there supposed to be a particular mode I should be in, in Photoshop, and when the dialogue box comes up, under DCS: which option should I be selecting. When I tried this I was in grayscale mode, and I selected multiple, no composite, then placed in InDesign, which looked really pixelated, and when I exported it a message came up saying "InDesign does not export DCS plates to PDF. Click OK to use the DCS proxy, or click cancel to stop the export.’
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 23, 2004
You should be using CMYK plus Spot Color channels with your objects and images in the correct channels — in your case, that would be in the black and Spot Color channels only.

The C, M, and Y channels should be empty but present.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections