R
Posted By
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Software Update alerted me to a new security update dated 06/07/2004 and apparently posted today.

I applied it and everything seems OK.

For details CLICK HERE < http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/securityupdate_2004-0 6-07_(_10_3_4).html>.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 9, 2004
Ramón:

Thank you for letting us know. I have also installed the update and it seems to be fine here too.

Incidentally new updaters for Acrobat Std. and Pro,. and also for Adobe Reader, have been posted. They also appear to be fine.
< http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2586>
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Well, at least something went OK today.

My free update to MS Office 2004 came today. It installed without any problems; but I’m having substantial reflow problems with Word documents created or saved in other versions, including 98, 2001 and X.
L
LRK
Jun 9, 2004
Thanks Ramon… downloading now…

Ann, Glad to know about the Acrobat Pro update… downloading that one too. Thanks! Based on the download title I wonder if it’s just the Reader part that is updated.

I wish Extenses Portfolio would update. I’ve yet to be able to use it successfully without problems.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 9, 2004
The download title is misleading: you use it to update both Pro. and Reader. (Both need to be at 6.0.1 first.)
L
LRK
Jun 9, 2004
Okay… thanks!
R
Ram
Jun 10, 2004
Panther and the security update are still behaving here.

MS Word 2004 is a different story, but that has nothing to do the security update nor with Photoshop.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 10, 2004
See if Office 2004 behaves any better if you empty its own private Fonts folder (which is inside the Office folder): doing that has been the answer with Office X.
R
Ram
Jun 10, 2004
Thanks for the tip, Ann.

There is a multitude of problems in Office 2004, from Word documents reflowing for no reason at all through TOC and cross references disappearing, to Word sometimes refusing to quit until you force quit it. It’s interesting that Office 2004 Professional has not been released yet (allegedly because Virtual PC is not yet fully compatible with any G5). Maybe there will updates later.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections