JA
Posted By
Janet_Autenrieth
Sep 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ever since I installed the latest security update from Apple this morning (9-17-08) I have been unable to open any PS files or save any PS files. I am on a G4 17" Powerbook (not an Intel machine) and have both CS3 and CS2 installed, though have only been using CS3 for the last month. I have OSX version 10.4.11. Opening existing files or starting new ones and trying to save just gives me the spinning beach ball and a "not responding" in force quit. I threw away the com.adobe.Photoshop.plist from preferences and restarted – no help. I repaired permissions – no help. I can’t think of anything else, other than to try Disk Warrior or TechToolPro. Has anyone else experienced this or have a good fix? I am desperate…on a deadline and really need my Photoshop to work!!!
Thanks,
JA

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 18, 2008
The first thing to do both before and after installing any Apple software is to run Disk Utility to Repair Permissions.

Try doing that first, then try Disk Warrior.
JA
Janet_Autenrieth
Sep 19, 2008
I did do that about six weeks ago when I installed the software. It has run fine for that span of time. Then today, after installing the Security Update it quit saving or opening existing files.

I am going to run Disk Utility from the install disk now and if that doesn’t work, I will run Disk Warrior. Funny though, I had run DWarrior last weekend for the first time in six months and everything was running fine until today.

Thanks,
JA
B
Buko
Sep 19, 2008
Do the apps work in a new user?

I have applied the update and everything works fine.
JA
Janet_Autenrieth
Sep 19, 2008
I finally found the culprit! A CD of archived files that I was using intermittently, was screwing with Photoshop. When I removed the CD entirely, Photoshop worked fine. What a mess….glad it was so simple.

Thanks for all the help.

JA
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 19, 2008
Janet,

Know that the CD-in-the-drawer issue is not unique to you. It’s a bug that has bitten others before you.

Neil
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Sep 20, 2008
Wow I had this problem in OS 8.5, that was a real long time ago. It is still around?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections