P
Posted By
poprockgrrl
Jun 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Mac panther and when I launched Photoshop about an hour ago, a box popped up that says

Updating Adobe Online components from Adobe.com

Downloading file 1 of 2

File: awexfiles.txt

It won’t let me cancel this and it won’t do anything. It has been sitting like this for an hour. I can’t do anything in Photoshop with this box up.

I am running OSX 10.3.4 and photoshop 7

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JI
Jayfar is my name
Jun 14, 2004
I ran into that a few times with PS7 under OSX 10.2.8. Always required a hard reset, IIRC, but I haven’t encountered this since upgrading to CS.
R
Ram
Jun 14, 2004
poprockgrrl ,

That’s a well known bug related to problems at the Adobe server. It has nothing to do with Panther.

There are two ways to solve it:

1.– Temporarily disconnect from the Internet, launch Photoshop, set the Online Preferences to NEVER look for updates, then reconnect to the Internet; or, alternatively,

2.– Take out the Adobe Online folder to disable it.

The reason why it’s not seen as often in CS is that Photoshop 8 ("CS") is set by default to never look for updates.

It can happen in all Adobe applications prior to CS, or even in CS if you change the default setting.
R
Ram
Jun 14, 2004
Make sure you’ve updated to 7.0.1.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections