Posted By
Meeshee
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All.
I am having a problem cropping in PS cs. Basically what I am doing is using my magic wand tool and selecting color blocks I have created using a tolerance of "0". Then I go to edit "crop" and instead of exactly cropping to the selected area, it is cropping one pixel winder in each direction. I am so frustrated and was hoping someone could help. I recently re-loaded PS and that is when the problem started. I have been using PS for years and have never had this problem. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 7, 2004
My guess is that you filled rectangular marqueed selections with color when you originally made your color blocks but had set a feather-value other than zero ?
M
Meeshee
Jun 7, 2004
Unfortunately, no…no feather. Any other thoughts. 🙁
(thank you for your reply)
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 7, 2004
Sorry, I have no other ideas — I only get a white rim if the marquee is feathered.

Try contracting your selection by one pixel before cropping.
M
Meeshee
Jun 7, 2004
Thanks Ann. I had hoped it was a feather problem, but after testing it I noticed that it was not. Dang. I am so amazingly frustrated right now but surely appreciate your suggestion.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 7, 2004
I added an edit to my previous posting:

<< Try contracting your selection by one pixel before cropping. >>

See if that fixes it.
ZS
Zina_Saunders
Jun 7, 2004
Could you create an an action to contract the selection 1 pixel and then run the action each time you make your selections?
J
jonf
Jun 7, 2004
It seems that ought to be unnecessary. This behavior is not what I experience, so something must be wrong either in the process of creating the color blocks or selecting them. It ought to be cropping cleanly.
BG
barry_gray
Jun 7, 2004
Trashed Pref,s maybe?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections