P
Posted By
Puck
Jan 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i am a starting user of photoshop and still learning my way through. have lurged and found a lot of useful resources here ad the web for which i thank all the contributors.

this is somewhat of a strange problem. up until a month ago i could simply crop any item by placing a box on it and if need be stretching it wheichever way i wanted. however, recently i have found cropping to be a nightmare as when i do place a selection box to crop anything it will only increase or decrease in proportion to the original width and height etc. is there any way of disabling this in proportion cropping and go back to my original freestyle cropping?

any help would be very much appreciated.

kindest regards

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
john
Jan 16, 2004
In article ,
wrote:

[…]
this is somewhat of a strange problem. up until a month ago i could simply crop any item by placing a box on it and if need be stretching it wheichever way i wanted. however, recently i have found cropping to be a nightmare […]

Somehow the setting changed. Click on the crop tool and look to the tool bar (at the top) and click-off the dimension or proportional settings.
M
Madsen
Jan 16, 2004
Puck wrote:

is there any way of disabling this in proportion cropping and go back to my original freestyle cropping?

When the crop tool is selected, click on the Clear button in the options bar.

Regards
Madsen.
P
Puck
Jan 16, 2004
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:21:03 +0100, Thomas Madsen
wrote:

Puck wrote:

is there any way of disabling this in proportion cropping and go back to my original freestyle cropping?

When the crop tool is selected, click on the Clear button in the options bar.

hi madsen

thanks very much. it works! i feel soo stupid 🙁

kindest regards
P
Puck
Jan 16, 2004
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:19:56 -0600, (jjs)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

[…]
this is somewhat of a strange problem. up until a month ago i could simply crop any item by placing a box on it and if need be stretching it wheichever way i wanted. however, recently i have found cropping to be a nightmare […]

Somehow the setting changed. Click on the crop tool and look to the tool bar (at the top) and click-off the dimension or proportional settings.

thanks very much for your help. it has worked!

kindest regards

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections