HH
Posted By
Hazel_Harrison
Nov 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Question 1: When I first had PSE, about 3 years ago, I printed out several pages of typefaces I liked. But since reinstalling (after a virus ) have found many of these, notably Elephant and Lucida Calligraphy, are missing. Is this because updates have changed things around or what?
Question 2. How can I preview fonts and sizes before committing to them? Sorry, I know I’ve asked this before and I know it’s simple, but don’t do type often and have forgotten.

Hazel

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 21, 2003
I can answer the first question, but Jodi is the whiz at how to view the various fonts.

The fonts Elements uses are all installed on the hard drive of your computer. So, if you’re missing a couple, that’s because they’re also gone from the font folder for your computer. Elements doesn’t have any of its own.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 22, 2003
Hazel, if you are using a PC with a wheel on your mouse the way to see the fonts> click on text tool and choose text at the top of the list of you fonts…type in what you want and then commit by clicking the checkmark. Then go back to the font options and click on the second font down>now use your wheel and it will quickly scroll through all the fonts and will preview on your text on your screen. This is the way I do it anyways.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 22, 2003
Beth, i copy/pasted that last post and changed the first name 😉 … I knew i had answered this not too long ago…just had to find it…am I lazy or what ???
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 22, 2003
"or what" is the answer. Why reinvent the wheel?! I would have done that except I couldn’t remember which thread it was on, and a search of your name turns up too much stuff! 🙂 I was the one being lazy.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 22, 2003
Beth, i sent you some test brushes…did you get them ? Grant didn’t get my challenge image which i sent twice so maybe it’s my end…again !
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 22, 2003
No, Jodi, I haven’t gotten anything from you. And I have a nice clean mailbox, so it’s not like it got buried in the mess! 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 22, 2003
so it IS my mailbox trouble then…grrrrr ! OK, will try and send them again later…grrrrrr
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 22, 2003
well i just sent you a 2 word message to see if it’s just having problems with attachments or all my outgoing mail. This bugs me ! I sent some info out to someone today and now i don’t know if they got it ! grrrrrr
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 22, 2003
Nope. Just checked and there’s nothing from you. But have I told you the GOOD news? We had snow yesterday, and it looks like we might have a little more. Remember how I whined all last winter? Well remind me in February or March that November had a few hours of winter!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 22, 2003
well, maybe you’ll have a nice white winter afterall…great ! We’ve has a dusting a time or 2 but nothing to really complain about. I can’t wait t’il spring. As far as my mail…i don’t even want to think about it anymore…I’m getting mail but no go in sending….grrrrrr.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 22, 2003
80 degrees here today; the a/c is still running…

🙁
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 22, 2003
Ha ! use the up/down keys on the keyboard to scroll through the fonts and preview on screen…much simpler than my old way ! yay

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections