SA
Posted By
Susan_Acree
Sep 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PE before the 2.0. I am creating picture in circle to print off for creation of button. I want to put type inside edge of circle. I am trying use the Warp Type + Arch but am not doing something right. I am not able to select the color of the type in the menu bar. Layer is pink when I am trying to enter type. Could someone please give me some pointers?

Thanks,
Susan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Sep 30, 2003
Susan, how did you make the circle into which you’re trying to insert the print? I did it with the elliptical marquee tool, holding down the shift key while dragging out the circle, then followed with an Edt<Stroke of 4 pixels. I was able to put print inside with the arch style and color chosen on the toolbar; no pink layer. Please say a little more about the steps you took prior to getting the pink…

Chuck
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Sep 30, 2003
Susan, is it possible that you have the type mask tool selected instead of the horizontal type tool?
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Sep 30, 2003
Susan, Barbara has identified the problem without doubt – that will certainly give you the pink layer and no color choice. On the left side of the Type toolbar, make sure the first box is selected, not the second; if you ‘hover’ over them with the mouse, you’ll see that the first one says Create a Text Layer and the second one says Create a selection; you want the first one!

Way to go Barbara!
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Sep 30, 2003
Yeah, but you gave her the directions, so it’s just as much "Way to go, Chuck!" 8^)
PD
Pete_D
Sep 30, 2003
Barbara,

Even with the extensive list of emoticons (on the site that Chuck posted) I don’t see 8^) and what it means? I have seen you use this for a long time…. finally asking you to soothe my curiosity.

Pete
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Sep 30, 2003
Look at it sideways, Pete. It’s a variant of 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Sep 30, 2003
lol

kind of like :^)
PD
Pete_D
Sep 30, 2003
OK. ….. stop it.

kind of like :^)

Just kidding of course. Guess I will have to start paying more attention to the meaning of these things :)~

Jodi, you didn’t reply to my suggestion on the Avery thread?

Pete
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 1, 2003
Pete, sorry, hadn’t been there yet…I replied…you are so sweet. :^)8 >
SA
Susan_Acree
Oct 1, 2003
Thank you! You solved my problems!
Susan
SA
Susan_Acree
Oct 1, 2003
Okay, everyone was so helpful. Now I got to wondering about that "Create a selection" option or the second button. What is that used for?

Susan
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
Susan, one thing you can do with it is have your type in patterns instead of solid colors. If you use the Type selection tool with a fairly thick and large typeface, you can follow it with a pattern fill layer (Layer<New Fill Layer<Pattern), which will fill in the type. Just one thought on its use…

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections