CC
Posted By
Claude_C_Charbonneau
Nov 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
1st time posting in this helpful forum. Bought a new desktop with XP pro. Inserted the PE 2 in my cd-rom for installation and when the time came to enter my serial #, I entered the 20 digits that I wrote down from my laptop’s PE2 registration and found out that I was missing 4 digits.

The question is: How or where do I get those digits and should I have uninstalled PE2 from my laptop first while online ? Thanks for the help.
Signed: CLAUDE

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 9, 2003
I don’t know if this will help, since you’re using XP Pro, but it’s worth a try.

Actually I screwed up and got the post instead of the link, but copied below is what it said.

If you registered your copy of Elements you should be able to call Adobe, too.

Serial number difficulties…

JenniferSyer – 06:34am Oct 31, 2003 Pacific

I have 20 of the 24 digits of the serial number (when I pull up the About Photoshop dialog I can see them), but I need the last 4 digits…
Does anyone know how I can get the last 4 digits of the serial number? (I don’t think the IT Admin registered Photoshop, either)…
Thanks, everyone!

Byron Gale – 09:13am Oct 31, 2003 Pacific (#5 of 10)

Jennifer,

On my Win98SE system, with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 installed, my full serial # is contained in the registry at:

" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Uninstall\Adob e Photoshop Elements 2.0"

At that location, it is in the "SERIAL" string.
BR
Bob Ross
Nov 9, 2003
The full set of numbers is on the back of the CD case…..6 groups of 4.

Bob
wrote in message
1st time posting in this helpful forum. Bought a new desktop with XP pro.
Inserted the PE 2 in my cd-rom for installation and when the time came to enter my serial #, I entered the 20 digits that I wrote down from my laptop’s PE2 registration and found out that I was missing 4 digits.
The question is: How or where do I get those digits and should I have
uninstalled PE2 from my laptop first while online ? Thanks for the help.
Signed: CLAUDE
CC
Claude_C_Charbonneau
Nov 11, 2003
The right answer is the one that said to go to your REGEDIT and look for the uninstall number that has 24 digits instead of 20 for the 1st installation of ADOBE. Go to START, click on RUN, type REGEDIT, click OK and look for:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Uninstall\Adobe photoshop elements 2. There, you will see the 24# digits that you can write down and use for the reinstallment of you PE2. If it’s on the same computer,and you want to keep your added plug-ins and effects, you’ll have to press on CTR+SHIFT+ALT when you open PE2 the 1st time. If PE2 is transferred to another computer, you will have to copy your plug-ins and filters and effects and paste them in your fresh download.

I appreciate the fast response to my request. I guess we all are part of and children of the ADOBE Family :-). CLAUDE

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections