WR
Posted By
wayne_richardson
Nov 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
(Running Windows XP Professional on 3 GHz machine.)
Every time I quit Elements 2 it pops up this error msg:
+ ———————————————————— ——– + | The instruction at "0x77f83905" referenced memory at "0x00000000". | | The memory could not be "written". |
| |
| Click on OK to terminate the program |
+ ———————————————————— ——– +

I removed and re-installed, no help.

Any tips or hints?

Thanks in advance.

-wayne

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Marie_De_Padova
Nov 8, 2003
Wayne:

I just installed my Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0. I am having the same problem as you are. Were you able to resolve the problem?

Thanks,

Marie
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 10, 2003
Marie,

See if this helps…using Windows, hold Alt/Ctrl/Shift keys down, launch the program still holding keys down, answer yes when you see the message and let the program load. This will delete your preferences folder which will be rebuilt by the program automatically.
CN
Colin_Niemiec
Nov 10, 2003
Excellent advice, Nancy…that worked! Wish I would’ve come across your note an hour into troubleshooting this problem.
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 10, 2003
Colin,

Glad that worked out for you. If ever PSE gets quirky behavior, you now know the fix.

Thank you for posting back, also. It helps everyone to know which procedure reinstated good working order in the program.

Nancy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections