N
Posted By
nytrashman7618
Nov 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
am having trouble printing bordless pictures using Mac OS X 10.2.6 and my Epson 890 printer. no matter what i try i am unable to get a 4×6/5×7/8×10 photo to print borderless on a precut 4×6/5×7/8×10 piece of paper. my goal is this: i want to make all my adjustments in PSE 2 (levels, brightness/contrast etc.), then print using PSE 2 but print on precut paper in the sizes listed above. the printer came with two software titles, Epson Film Factory and Epson Photo Quicker. using Photo Quicker i can print bordless photos on precut paper but it will ONLY work in "classic", not OS X. the quality of the prints using Photo Quicker is not the same as with PSE 2, along with the trouble of switching between OS X and classic. since i am able to print bordless in "classic" with Photo Quicker i know my printer is capable of this. Film Factory will not print borderless no matter what i try. i have tried working with PSE 2 in "classic" and again i am unable to print bordless on precut paper. i am able to print perfect sized (4×6, 5×7, 8×10) pictures using PSE 2 with OS X but i have to use a 8.5×11 sheet of paper, then get out my rotary paper cutter and cut each pic out of the 8.5 x 11 inch sheet. this is no problem but what i would like to do is this: take a package of my favorite paper (50 sheets) to Kinkos or Office Max and have them cut the 8.5 x 11 sheets into precut sizes. that way when i work on an image in PSE 2 i can print 1 photo at a time and not waste any paper. i have tried posting this same question/problem on DPreview forums (mac tools & epson talk) and have not recieved any advice/replies at all. i asked this same question on this forum a couple of days ago but i think i did not make myself clear as to what i what to do.i if worse comes to worse i will continue to print as i have been doing but i do think i should be able to print on precut paper. sorry about such a long post, but this as got me totally baffeled.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 4, 2003
I remember your original post, but I don’t remember if you ever posted on the Apple forum. Did you? If not, try that one.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 4, 2003
Yes, try Beth’s suggestion, George, although the forums seem to be slow this am. Unfortunately, your experience is pretty typical for Epson users in X. Have you contacted Epson tech support?
N
nytrashman7618
Nov 4, 2003
will try posting on Apple forum and see what happens. i have also downloaded Gimp-Print and still no borderless print ability. oh well……at least i can print my 5×7’s, i just have to cut them
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 4, 2003
Hi, George. Apple forums are down for maintenance right now.

BTW, if you are wondering why you are getting all those italics, it’s because you are starting with a lower case i instead of a capital. "i" is the shortcut for italics when you post.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections