EE
Posted By
Eric_Etheridge
Feb 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know these issues have been discussed here before, but none of the solutions I’ve come across are working for me.

My setup:
OSX 10.3.2
Epson 1280
Drivers v1.66
PS CS

First, I can’t reduce the .56 inch margin on the trailing edge of my prints. Have tried setting margins via custom paper sizes, both in combination with the "minimize margins" driver and with the standard driver, also checking and unchecking the center button. Also tried "minimize margins" with standard paper sizes. No luck all around.

Also, I can’t print borderless (and yes I am using the "borderless" driver): I get small margins on the leading edge and sides, and the standard .56 on the trailing edge.

I had the same problems with Jaguar and PS7.

My workaround for both issues to date is to print via a laptop runnning XP and PS7.

Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
CygnusX1
Feb 23, 2004
First, I can’t reduce the .56 inch margin on the trailing edge of my prints. Have tried setting margins via custom paper sizes, both in combination with the "minimize margins" driver and with the standard driver, also checking and unchecking the center button

After changing the margin values, did you click save?
and before that even did you create a "new" size?

Also, I can’t print borderless (and yes I am using the "borderless" driver): I get small margins on the leading edge and sides, and the standard .56 on the trailing edge

When in the "print preview", select Page Setup (same as going to create a custom page) and in the pop-up menu select 1280 boderless sheet.

Once that is done, it goes back to PS print preview, then click print. This takes you to Epsons dialogue, here you must select the 1280 Borderless in the pop up menu called "printer" (doing this by memory, sorry).
The key is selecting the 1280 Borderless in the Epson print dialogue after leaving the PS print preview.

This has been working for me always in 10.2 and 10.3.2.
EE
Eric_Etheridge
Feb 23, 2004
D’oh!

It was the second driver selector (after clicking "print") that I was missing, which was causing the problems with both the margings and the borderless.

I could rail about poor interface design, having to make the same selection twice; instead I think I will just slink quietly away.

Thanks, CygnusX1. Much appreciated.
C
CygnusX1
Feb 24, 2004
Welcome.
I do agree with you, you’d think once you have selected the specific driver set up, it would carry over to the Epson print box.
Oh well.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections