M
Posted By
markscalise
May 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Created a CD cover which has a white background. I’m printing on white paper, so it’s hard to know where to cut. Is there a simple way to print with some sort of guides, or a very thin border around the image?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
jenelisepasceci
May 25, 2007
wrote:

Created a CD cover which has a white background. I’m printing on white paper, so it’s hard to know where to cut. Is there a simple way to print with some sort of guides, or a very thin border around the image?

To print crop marks: File -> Print with preview, select "Output" from the drop-down menu at the bottom left of the preview window, tic "Corner Crop Marks" (Alt M)

To create a thin Border: Set the foreground color to default (black), Select All (Ctrl A), Edit->Stroke, Width 1 or 2 px Inside.

Peter
D
dylanstubs
May 25, 2007
On May 25, 1:54 am, (Peter Wollenberg) wrote:
wrote:

To print crop marks: File -> Print with preview, select "Output" from the drop-down menu at the bottom left of the preview window, tic "Corner Crop Marks" (Alt M)

To create a thin Border: Set the foreground color to default (black), Select All (Ctrl A), Edit->Stroke, Width 1 or 2 px Inside.
Peter

Thanks for the great advice! I also discovered the Border function under Output (on CS2 anyway) which let me print a very thin border (I set it at .1 mm, but I think it’s a little thicker) around my image.
RG
Roy G
May 25, 2007
wrote in message

Hi, When I am printing CD covers I use the Create Label function inside Roxio. It can be set to print "Folding and Cutting Guides"

Most other Burning Programs I have used, also have this facility when Printing.

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections