M
Posted By
mandyd
May 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to create the appearance of a buzzing. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DK
Doug_Katz
May 14, 2004
Cannibus.
NK
Neil_Keller
May 14, 2004
mandyd,

A bit more information would be helpful.

For instance, do you mean a swarm of bees? An alarm clock? The "buzz" in a crowd, such as in a restaurant? A muffler? What kind of image are you working with?

Neil
M
mandyd
May 14, 2004
Sorry. Its one of those games where you have to manouvere a hook around a wire shape and if the hook touches the wire, it buzzes. Hope you know what I mean!?
CS
Carl_Stawicki
May 14, 2004
Tiny lightning bolts maybe (like they did on old cartoons)? Or duplicate the wire a few times, and offset and blur the duplicates, so it looks like it’s vibrating.

Carl.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
May 14, 2004
Good ideas, Carl. To embellish your second idea. How about selecting just a segment and duplicating it a few times. Then take each layer into Liquify, leave the ends alone and just manipulate the center of the segments then use motion blur on the layers you’ve just manipulated. You could have just a segment vibrate.
MC
Mike_Czuboka
May 18, 2004
One thing that I have done to give the illusion of vibration is to duplicate your layer a couple of times. Lower the oppacity of the bottom layers (you will have to play with this until it looks right) then slightly rotate the layers. This realy gives the impression that the object is vibrating. Hope that makes sense.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections