Kinda OT: Anybody looking for a deal on PS CS?

BH
Posted By
Beth_Haney
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PS
Paul_Smallridge
Apr 6, 2004
Beth,

Interesting!

As an Elements V2 product user I do not find an offer of $300 (at current exchange rates about £170) for CS at all enticing – but I’m not having a go at you!

Generally US prices are one-to-one with UK prices so the price of $299 will probably become £299 despite the exchange rate of the pound/dollar! Even more unenticing!

Regards.
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 6, 2004
The only thing is that you will also need to purchase a manual…so that’s more like $357…or so I imagine there’s also some shipping tacked on to the book price.
DN
DS_Nelson
Apr 6, 2004
I know that the retail version of PS CS does come with a manual, as I recently bought it. I would assume that this offer is the same one that I bought. The full Creative Suite is the one that does not include paper manuals, only pdf manuals on the CD.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Apr 6, 2004
Unless the PS CS manual is a whole lot better than the PS 7 manual, I would spend the money instead on a good book or two, such as the ones from Kelby and Eismann.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 6, 2004
The Photoshop Bible by Deke McClelland is excellent, too. I got that one to go with CS. And it makes such an impression on guests! 🙂
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 6, 2004
I only brought that up because I knew that at least one of the CS Photoshops ordered online didn’t include the manual. Yes, the store bought version has a manual but since Beth brought up the adobe store…I knew she was referring to an online offer. Beth, does that mean you are using the Photoshop Bible as a coffee table book? LOL. Does this mean the book is any good or not? I have Kelby’s books which are great but was wondering if McClelland’s book was worth a look.

Terri
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 6, 2004
Hi Beth,

My Husband renewed his Macworld subscription and it came with a free book …. The Photoshop 7 Bible by Deke McClelland !!! Maybe they were getting rid of the old ones 🙂

Its a great book but very thick!!

Wendy
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Apr 7, 2004
Does anyone know if you have to own a Microtek product to take advantage of this great offer? I was thinking the Elements serial # required may be specific to that product, I hope not.

Barb
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 7, 2004
It’s not specific Barb. Your number will work.
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Apr 7, 2004
Mark, thanks! 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections