JS
Posted By
Jay Stevens
Apr 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Why is it that once I save a picture, or view a picture, in PhotoShop it looks different than when I view it in all other picture programs such as Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and also it looks different when I print it? The colors are enhanced, green is greener etc.
I’ve been through the Color Settings to try to match this.

Photoshop CS, Win XP.

Thanks

Jay

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RG
Roy G
Apr 7, 2006
"Jay Stevens" wrote in message
Why is it that once I save a picture, or view a picture, in PhotoShop it looks different than when I view it in all other picture programs such as Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and also it looks different when I print it?
The colors are enhanced, green is greener etc.
I’ve been through the Color Settings to try to match this.
Photoshop CS, Win XP.

Thanks

Jay

Hi.

Because Photoshop is capable of Colour Management, and will be using the ICC Profiles to adjust the colours.

The differences could be due to your pictures having, (for example), Adobe RGB tagged on as the Working Space, while all the other programs will just ignore that and treat your image as being sRGB.

Have a look at the "Colour Settings" under "Edit" in PS, then have a read up on Colour Management in the Help Files.

Roy G
T
Tacit
Apr 7, 2006
In article <ZDkZf.65154$>,
"Jay Stevens" wrote:

Why is it that once I save a picture, or view a picture, in PhotoShop it looks different than when I view it in all other picture programs such as Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and also it looks different when I print it?

Bec ause Photoshop does color management and other programs do not.

If you want to see your picture in Photoshop the way other programs see it, then disable Photoshop’s color management. If you’d like to understand why this is and what it means, read the chapter on color management in your manual.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections