CE
Posted By
Creative_EYElene
Apr 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Are there any plugins/filters I can use to make someone look like an ancient or white cement statue? Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

O
Ol__Whozit
Apr 23, 2005
I know there is a tutorial out there, but as for a one or two-click solution, none that I know of. There might be an action, though.
GH
Gary_Hummell
Apr 23, 2005
Just deliver me to my mother-in-law’s house and take a picture. Sorry, I know that is not a professional response. I couldn’t help myself.

Gary
SF
Sergi_Feurio
Apr 23, 2005
LLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!
SL
Sitara Lal
Apr 23, 2005
Cor blimey! Is she so smashing that she makes you instantly hard?

[Sorry about this even more unprofessional response – but I’ll use the same excuse, I could not help myself]

wrote in message
Just deliver me to my mother-in-law’s house and take a picture. Sorry, I
know that is not a professional response. I couldn’t help myself.
Gary
ML
Mike_Logan
Apr 24, 2005
It would be quicker just to paint the person and take a picture. A still picture that is (of course)

I’l;l be watching with interest to see if anyone comes up with a way.
CE
Creative_EYElene
Apr 24, 2005
Well, I found a filter in PSP 7 that’s actually called "statue." I fooled around with it a little but I need to find some marble backgrounds to work with it. I don’t see any place to add a picture here or otherwise I would post the results.
ML
Mike_Logan
Apr 24, 2005
You could post a link to it… if you’ve uploaded to your "personal web space."
KC
Kent_Christiansen
Apr 24, 2005
Statue Effect Β– Lets Rock

<http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161006>
CE
Creative_EYElene
Apr 25, 2005
Wow, thanx Kent! I love the effect in that tutorial. I tried doing it but had a hard time when it came to saving it in the path palette because there was nothing in there to save. I am not familiar with paths anyway so I got pretty confused. But I am determined to learn this effect because it’s perfect for my project. If anyone can help me please do!
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 25, 2005
EYElene

If you are not comfortable with paths yet (I say ‘yet’ because they are worth learning) just use a selection. The tutorial is only using the path to get to a quick and accurate selection, but any of the other methods of selecting will do to isolate the subject.
KC
Kent_Christiansen
Apr 25, 2005
EYElene,

Welcome. John’s right – any selection method will do. Here’s some sources of textures you might try – stone, metal, etc. are the ‘obvious’ but you might try some of the others for fun – clouds, grass – chia-portrait πŸ™‚

<http://www.mayang.com/textures/index.htm>
<http://www.escrappers.com/textures.html>
CE
Creative_EYElene
Apr 25, 2005
Wow, thanks for the links! I can see I’m going to be busy tonight. This is a great forum. Everyone seems so friendly. I’m glad I found it by accident.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 25, 2005
actually you found the lounge by accident, the panda’s pointed you here on purpose! πŸ™‚

J
johnkissane3
Apr 26, 2005
EYElene, now go back to the Lounge and demand to be a Panda.
CE
Creative_EYElene
Apr 26, 2005
Not sure what being a panda means but I will do it.
CE
Creative_EYElene
Apr 26, 2005
I just tried to find the lounge but couldn’t. The first time I got in there by accident. Now that I want to be there I don’t know where I went to begin with. Duh!
J
johnkissane3
Apr 26, 2005
Its the fifth folder down on the photoshop fourum page. Called Photoshop Lounge.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
the first rule of the lounge is don’t talk about the lounge… πŸ™‚
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 26, 2005
Second rule about the Lounge is don’t talk about Dave’s missing CS2! <g>
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
you’re getting really good at baiting me chris. in fact, i’d say you were almost a master! πŸ˜‰

(<grrr…>)

gr&d
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 26, 2005
Okay. TouchΓ© I guess.

Took me a while to work out the play on words! <grrr…in>

Chris
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
now back to your regularly scheduled thread… πŸ™‚

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections