DM
Posted By
Dave_MCConnachie
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Elements advising setting your colour management through adobe gamma wizard located in START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL. However looks as though elements has not installed the gamma wizard. Any ideas

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
Take a look on your install CD and see if you can find it. I think you can drag it on to your hard drive. It doesn’t install on my Macs, either.
DM
Dave_MCConnachie
Oct 31, 2003
Doesn’t appear to be on installation disk either

Dave
JD
Juergen_D
Oct 31, 2003
Dave,

Are you running Win98? On my 98 machine it is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration.
There are two files: Adobe Gamma Readme.txt and Adobe Gamma.cpl. Double clicking on the latter starts the wizzard.

Juergen
DM
Dave_MCConnachie
Oct 31, 2003
Runnung Windows ME. Reader file is in directory along with adobe Gamma Loader.exe and Adobe Gamma.cpl. Clicking on the later file doesn’t run wizard but opens an imaging editor.

Dave
JD
Juergen_D
Nov 1, 2003
Dave,

Clicking on the later file doesn’t run wizard but opens an imaging
editor.

Sorry, I don’t know how to explain that.

Juergen
DM
Dave_MCConnachie
Nov 1, 2003
Found the solution. Downloaded photoshop 7.0 (try it version). Gamma wizard appeared in control panel – BINGO. Gamma wizard must be missing from installation disc of elements2

Dave
PL
Paul_L_UK
Nov 3, 2003
Dave

If you right click on the Adobe Gamma.cpl, it should give you the option to open with control panel.

Bit late, sorry

Paul
DM
Dave_MCConnachie
Nov 3, 2003
Thanks Paul, get the option to open with windows control panel, but when I do my games controller panel opens !!!!! wierd

Weird
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 3, 2003
So, ah, this all started on Halloween, huh? 🙂 Haunted would be my guess. Maybe this requires more candy.
DM
Dave_MCConnachie
Nov 3, 2003
huh

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections