Posted By
Jim_Bonomi
Nov 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,

When I try to make a PSD Presentation in PS CS of a folder w/64 TIFF images, all selected, I get the message "Unable to create 31 files because they are not image files or are PDF files not created by PS." I am able to make a PSD Pres. with the first 33 files selected, then go back into the folder and select the remaining remaining 31 files and make a second PSD Pres. Is there a limit to file size selected when making a PSD Pres file? The folder size is approx 300 meg. I have a 2.53 P4 W/512M RDRAM running XP Pro.
I am new to scanning images and Photoshop so bear with me if I’m missing somthing basic. JB

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mick_Murphy
Nov 27, 2003
I’ve not used this feature but it sounds like your files are way too big for on-screen viewing at about 5 MB each. You can check out the file size in Image – Image Size. You should resample the images down using this dialog box to a more appropriate size depending on the screen resolution they will be presented at (something like 800 or 1024 pixels wide is usually enough for presentation purposes). You should also save them as JPEGs, level 6 is probably adequate for most photos unless you are really concerned with image quality. You could do this automatically with the save for web features but you will learn more about the basics of image sizing if you do it manually (record an action to do it for all the files once you decide on the size).
MM
Mick_Murphy
Nov 27, 2003
I just decided to try this out. The bit about saving as level 6 JPEGS is not correct here as the program offers to do this anyway and you will then be doing it twice reducing image quality. But the bit about reducing your file size holds and I suspect this is the problem.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections