Photoshop CS PDF Presentation Transition Error…

SJ
Posted By
Steven_J._Wheeler
Nov 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All,

I own Photoshop CS and have the following problem. When I select a set of pictures and use Automate to save them in a PDF Presentation, the result never uses the transition I have selected. I have tried them all, and none of them match. In particular, I would like to use NONE, but I always end up with some odd transition (like diagonal wipe). Please help, I am on a deadline and I have wasted lots of time on this…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 29, 2006
What version of Acrobat are you using to display these files? Older versions of Acrobat didn’t support transitions.
SJ
Steven_J._Wheeler
Nov 29, 2006
Version 7.0, updated just two days ago (all applicable updates)….

steve
PD
Paul_D._Ferguson
Nov 29, 2006
Hi Steve,

What you are seeing is an unfortunate conflict between Photoshop CS and Acrobat 7 with respect to how transitions work. Photoshop CS used an older technique that worked in Acrobat 6 and earlier, but which broke in Acrobat 7. Photoshop CS2 uses a different technique which is compatible with Acrobat 7, so one solution is to use PS CS2 to create your presentation.

If you don’t want page transitions, you can also save the PDF as a Multi-Page Document rather than a Presentation (in either Photoshop CS or CS2).

Hope this helps,

Paul

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections