Is medium stack mode present in standard CS4?

AS
Posted By
Anthony_Siciliano
Oct 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I presently have Photoshop CS3 extended. The only feature in PS3 Extended that I use that is not in standard CS3 is using "median stack mode" (File-Scripts-Statistics-Median)to remove moving objects in multiple exposures. I want to upgrade to CS4 standard (not Full, or Extended). If I do this, will I lose the use of median stack mode?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

ST
Sue_Thompson
Oct 20, 2008
I am also interested in the answer to this question.
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 20, 2008
If this is not a listed upgrade option at Adobe.com, call Adobe customer service for availability and pricing.

Neil
SB
Stephen_Best_in_Oz
Oct 20, 2008
No File->Scripts->Statistics in my copy of CS4 Standard … but that may be because it’s an optional install. CS4 Standard happily coexists with CS3 Extended so you could keep the old version around for the odd occasion you need it.
R
Ram
Oct 20, 2008
I thought Statistics were only in the Extended version?
B
Buko
Oct 21, 2008
from Photoshop CS4 Help.

Use a script to create an image stack (Photoshop Extended)

Comments You can use the Statistics script to automate creating and rendering an image stack.

Choose File > Scripts > Statistics. Choose a stack mode from the Choose Stack Mode menu.
Apply the stack mode to currently open files, or browse to select a folder or individual files.
Files you select are listed in the dialog box.
Select whether to automatically align images (equivalent to choosing Edit
Auto-Align Layers) and click OK.
Photoshop combines the multiple images into a single multilayered image, converts the layers into a Smart Object, and applies the selected stack mode.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections