PDF Presentation

Posted By
Aug 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Tried out the PDF presentation from the CS File Browser for the first time. What a fantastic & professional way of sending clients proofs of their job. Used to use WEB Gallery which is great on CD, however clumbersome when sending by email.

PROBLEM:
1/ PDF changes the file names from the original to 1 to whatever. Is there a way of retaining my file names ie Client Name_01 etc? 2/ The slide show doesn’t show the file name at the bottom so the client has no immediate reference to the file they are viewing.
Is it possible to have the file name included at the bottom over the black background?

Thanks
Max

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Aug 27, 2004
No bites at all after 2 days, so no way around this then?
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 27, 2004
I create PDFs all day long but don’t have CS or I’d try to replicate it. Sorry man…
PH
Photo_Help
Aug 27, 2004
Max,

I am not sure how many people use the PDF presentation feature. I will try to remember and look at it tomorrow if I have time at work.

As a work around you could always change the canvas size and add the name to a black band at the bottom of the image.
T
Terrat
Aug 27, 2004
I use it and would like to know as well. Bump to top.
PH
Photo_Help
Aug 27, 2004
There are no real options that I see when creating the presentation. It looks like you will need to add the names to the images or edit the presentation using another program like Acrobat.
T
Terrat
Aug 27, 2004
This is a pretty good suggestion Photo Help.

Currently in vogue, is the semi-opaque text "PROOF OnLY" stamps across an unpaid for image for view. Maybe less offence will be taken by clients if they are not accused softly of a copyright offence when viewing the document reference number instead.

Instead, a pause will reveal stamped text showing the high rez. document reference across the image document to help the client order. Thank you for a sound practical solution.

I think PhotoshopCS can do this automatically from a data base such as Excel, but I can’t recall where I saw how to so this automate command?

additional note:

Trevor Morris has just suggested in another post that there is a default script command for adding file names: File > Scripts > "Add File Name".
PH
Photo_Help
Aug 27, 2004
Terrat,

I was talking about something like this…Add Filename Plus < http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDetailSubmit.asp?aID=10 591&back=http%3A%2F%2Fshare%2Estudio%2Eadobe%2Ecom%2FaxB rowseSubmit%2Easp%3Ft%3D74>

Just Batch add the filename to the image. Then create the presentation from the new images.

NOTE: Make sure you don’t accidentally overwrite your originals. It is best to copy the images to another folder before running a batch job, just in case.
T
Terrat
Aug 27, 2004
That makes 2 scripts and an optional data base inclusion to add file reference to an image; rather than, "PROOF" stamp. Practical solutions I like. Thanks again for your suggestion.
PH
Photo_Help
Aug 27, 2004
It is too bad there aren’t more options for the PDF presentation though. Maybe they just don’t want to step on the toes of their other product lines. Adobe is very good at giving their clients just enough of a taste to get them to buy into their other products.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections