Posted By
Yuriy_Briklin
Oct 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Does anyone know how to set a default Page size to 4×6 (not a standard size). Every time I print a photo, in the Print dialog I have to select my Printer instead of ‘Any Printer’ and only then I can select 4×6.

I know that ‘Print Center’ allows to make any printer a default one, but even after making my printer a default PE2 still shows ‘Any Printer’.

Additionally, in ‘Print Center’ preferences there is no way to specify 4×6 as a default page size.

Any help is appreciated.

yuriy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LM
Lou_M
Oct 29, 2003
Under the File menu, in Page Setup, can’t you set the page size to 4×6 and then select Save As Default in the Settings drop down?

I do that with iCal to get reasonably sized text output since iCal is brain dead when it comes to text printing options. (I print to a custom tabloid-ish page size, then save as PDF, then use Acrobat to fit to letter-sized paper.)

But I don’t know if the fact that 4×6 is a printer-specific setting messes this up.
YB
Yuriy_Briklin
Oct 30, 2003
Lou,

No matter what I do I cannot get 4×6 size into
Print Central->Preferences->Default Page combo box.

I the Elements Print Screen I can define Custom Page Size but it will not show up in the Default Page combo box.

Thank you for trying to help.

yuriy.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 30, 2003
Have you tried the Apple Help forums? That would give you access to a broader range of people familiar with the OS X Print Center.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections