MS
Posted By
Mark_Sand
Aug 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to define the Width, Height, Resolution defaults for a new image (File > New)? Every time I change these they always go back to some set of defaults the next time I open a new image.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 23, 2004
I remembered a discussion about this from a long time ago. Here’s what I found in the archives:

Topic

File New – Size Custom Size is bizarre

robert stone – 06:18pm Oct 29, 2003 PST
When I click File New, the dialog begins wit a strange setting of 550 by 35 greyscale image. Can that be cahnged somewhere? Looked in eth Win2k registry but nothing found.
———————————————————— ————

Chuck Snyder – 6:22pm Oct 29, 03 PST (#1 of 1) Edited: 29-Oct-2003 at 05:41pm PST

Robert, the New dialog often picks up the dimensions of any picture or selection you may have recently copied to the clipboard. To get the default size, hold down the Alt key (Windows) and click on the icon for new file.

Chuck

p.s. If you do an Edit>Purge>Clipboard, you’ll get rid of the odd size and the regular File>New will open up the default size

—————

As to the part where you ask if there’s a way to change the default size, if the clipboard is clear, the dimensions you set will stay until you change them again. At least that’s how it’s currently working for me in PSE 2.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections