C
Posted By
cbennett
Aug 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I often get files from clients. For instance a photo and in a separate file their logo. When I try to put these together on a new page (logo superimposed onto the photo)sometimes the logo will copy much bigger than what I have designated as the size. so I have to guess and keep reducing until it fits onto the photo. Then sometime the resolution of one of these is not in sync with the other.
Is this because the files I am sent are different types or sizes? or am I asking too much from Elements?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 2, 2003
You’ve hit on the essence of the problem: the pictures you’re trying to combine are of different pixel dimensions or resolution. One may have been shot as a close-up, the other farther away from the camera lens, etc. But, using Elements, you can downsize one of them , then combine them in a single image with the right proportions. Getting the right proportion is the trick – hopefully, the client would give you some idea of how big the Logo should be, or perhaps that’s yours to ‘eyeball’.
NS
Nancy S
Aug 2, 2003
cbennett,

The logo which copies larger than your expectation is probably because the photo on which it is being ‘superimposesd’ has a lower resolution.
Example, if:
* logo is 1×1" square with res. of 300ppi (pixels per inch) * photo is 1×1" square with res. of 200ppi The photo is 200 pixels wide to the inch. The logo is 300 pixels wide to the inch. Moving the 300 over to the 200 will result in 100 pixels more than can fit in that unit…it seems to ‘spread’, the copied image assumes the res. of the canvas on which it is pasted. (for raster anyway)

Nancy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections