EC
Posted By
Elwood_Cady
Oct 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, New guy here. I replaced my old computer with a Dell w/ Pentium 4 and Windows XP. My version of Photoshop Elements is 5.1 service pack 1. It came as bundled software when I bought an Epson 1650 scanner. I loaded it on the new Dell and the Help and Tutorials won’t launch. I can launch them from the Windows Explorer panel, but that’s a pain. I am running Explorer 6.0. The 6.0 browser is my default browser. The help and tutorial documents were set to open with Explorer and they did not work. I reset them to open with Word which is listed as my HTML editor, Word Pad and Note Pad in turn and they still did not work. I previously ran Windows 98SE and everything worked like a charm. My internet connection is Charter Cable. Hope that’s enough info. Thanks for your help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 20, 2003
… My version of Photoshop Elements is 5.1 service pack 1.

Not sure what is going on with your new box, but just a note: Elements so far is only in version 1 or 2.
Perhaps you have PhotoShop LE 5? (although there was never a 5.1 to my knowledge).

Mac
EC
Elwood_Cady
Oct 20, 2003
Hi Mac, Thanks for the reply. I copied and pasted this from the system info panel.

Operating System: Windows 2000
Version: 5.1 Service Pack 1

Could the version and service pack numbers be referring to the Windows 2000 OS?

Elwood
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 21, 2003
Elwood, we’ve had that one before. That’s the version of Windows 2000 under which you’re running. Go to Help<About Photoshop Elements and see if you get a screen with a yellow flower; that would be 2.0. If you get the photo of a young woman, that would be 1.0.
EC
Elwood_Cady
Oct 21, 2003
The photo is of a young woman. Thanks for the input. Elwood

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections