M
Posted By
Marilu
May 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We’re running Photoshop 7.01 and ImageReady 7 on an PowerMac g4 (533MHz with 512 Mb memory). The scanner attached is a Heidelberg 1450, using LinoColor Elite 6.0.9, connected via Firewire. The LinioColor Import and Export plug-ins are in the Plug-ins folder.

When I attempt to scan usnig Photoshop, the LinoColor software begins to launch, then Photoshop Acquire comes up but never fully initializes so I can click the "OK" button.

When I attempt to scan using ImageReady, I get an error -(30001), which states that there’s no device installed. Unfortunately, I can’f find any information on that error code.

When I attempt to scan using the LinoColor software, there’s no problem.

I’ve already reinstalled Photoshop as well as the software, and made sure that memory allocations for Photoshop. ImageReady, and LinoColor Elite exceed the minimum requirements.

Unfortunately, this computer is located in a university lab, and the faculty/students want to use Photoshop for scanning; using the LinoColor alone software is not acceptable.

We don’t have a service agreement with Heidelberg, so Itheir site wouldn’t accept my registration so I could try to download updates. Management here will not spend money to either upgrade the software, or purchase tech support from either Adobe or Heidelberg.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I can do to resolve the scanning problem?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 3, 2004
What color space are you scanning the image in Linocolor?

ie:

CMYK / RGB / LAB.
M
Marilu
May 3, 2004
I’ve tried all three with the same results
CC
Chris_Cox
May 3, 2004
The LinoColor software doesn’t use the TWAIN or plugin interface.

And what you’re seeing sounds very much like a bug in the scanner driver’s TWAIN or plugin interface.

Unfortunately, LinoColor is out of the scanner business.

My best suggestions would be VueScan or Silverfast.
M
Marilu
May 4, 2004
Thanks, Chris. I’ll pass this information along to the decision-makers!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections