T
Posted By
tonyw3026
May 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently re-installed CS on my new computer running XP Home, with an ATI All In Wonder 9600 video card and the program keeps hanging. Other software likes Thumbs Plus works perfectly. I tried the trial version of CS2 and the same thing happens. The main problem is while using the file browser but it can also happen in the main program. Only the program hangs, the mouse etc keeps working.

The computer is a P4/3.2 with 1.5 meg and two 250gig drives. Resource usage always shows low. I have worked through all the options under "freezes" on the Adobe site and nothing works. I have installed the latest video drivers.

Any ideas? I am getting very frustrated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
May 18, 2005
Have you tried turning hardware acceleration down to zero?

Bob
J
JNW
May 19, 2005
This may be the same problem I’m having. I thought it was something with my Dell 2005FPW Monitor but I also have an ATI 800XL.

I suppose I will start researching this issue with my video card rather then the DVI input of the monitor.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections