KatyM
Aug 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Flat Panel iMac – 1Ghz G4 – 512Mb RAM
Mac OSX 10.3.5

I have been trying to install PS Elements 2.0 on my iMac for SEVEN hours now! Everytime the install gets to the point where the 2nd installer opens (zero file remaining) it just hangs and I have to force a shutdown with the power button.

I have tried all of the following suggestions but to no avail:
1) Rebuild Permissions
2) Create a new user (admin rights) and install under that account
3) Delete all references to Adobe and/or Photoshop from the disk (plists, folders, files etc..)
4) Turning of tghe internet connection during install
5) Installing on a second machine using same CD – works OK!

I have completely run out of ideas & expertise (!) now and am desperate for any suggestions as I need PSE for work (I’m a teacher and the new term approaches rapidly!)….

Many thanks in advance Katy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 29, 2004
Katy,

Have you got Norton installed …. if so try turning it off before you install.

Wendy
K
KatyM
Aug 30, 2004
Nope – no Norton ;-(

K
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 30, 2004
Since you mention being a teacher and starting a new term, I’m wondering if this is a school machine on a network of any kind. Is it?
K
KatyM
Aug 30, 2004
No – it’s my own…. it is on a WiFi at home but I had turned that off as another post said that the install may be searching for something so I thought I’d disable it!

K
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 30, 2004
I had a couple of other thoughts, too. Have you tried, instead of trying to install from the CD, copying the disk image to your desktop and installing from there?

Or, how about the routine maintenance that OS X is set to run on its own, usually during the middle of the night. Is your machine on 24/7 so those get done, or do you run a substitute, like MacJanitor?

We know the CD itself is OK, so I’m trying to think of either a workaround besides those that you’ve tried or an OS issue unique to that machine.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections