G
Posted By
graball
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having a lot of problems with Photoshop CS working under OSX Panther. I had to upgrade when I switched to OSX, but right now it’s starting to be more trouble than it’s worth.

One of the biggest problems is my plugins. None of them work anymore. I had hundreds of dollars of plugins which were compatible with every prior version of Photoshop. Now none of them work. CS doesn’t even recognize them. This includes the driver for my $1200 scanner and some of the tools I used most frequently like Alien Skin Drop Shadow and Extensis Phototools. Some of these I can replace with new versions at considerable expense, but many others come from companies which no longer exist, or from small programmers who haven’t updated them for the new version of Photoshop.

I particularly miss a great little plugin from Extensis called PhotoBevel. I’m not sure that it’s even included in the new version of PhotoTools as their website is unclear on this. I note the CS now includes a somewhat similar tool, but it’s just not as clean or flexible. I’m also intensely annoyed that none of my scanner drivers are compatible. And worst of all I have this (once hugely expensive) Mustek large format scanner for which there are no comaptible drivers and for which Mustek doesn’t plan to make any.

Is there any solution, or do I have to spend (by my current calculation) another $500 or so to get new versions of the plugins I need to most. I’m sure you all are aware of the font limit problem in Photoshop CS. Some clever programmer could make a real fortune with a little Plugin like Extensis’ old Type Tool plugin which let you access your full list of fonts the way that other programs do. There’s another fortune to be made by the person who comes up with a Plugin to let you use older plugins with CS. Get to work programming geeks – your fortunes await.

Dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections