Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to use the Render:Lighting Effects filter but get this message:

"Could not complete the Lighting Effects command
because a requested property value could not be found."

Anyone have any clues as to what the deal is?

Thanks in advance for your help.

–jody radzik.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 30, 2004
Jody, do you have anything on your cipboard when you get this message?
JW
Jody_W._Radzik
Apr 30, 2004
I did have a large clipboard item. When I cleared it, the plug in worked fine.

Thanks for the clue Doug.

–jody.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 30, 2004
Doug’s good sleuthing seems to have established a definite connection between problems with the Lighting Effects filter and a clogged clipboard.

Perhaps someone should add a note about this to the FAQs?
LP
Louise_Parrish
May 2, 2004
Doug

Thanks, I have had that problem with Lighting Effects, had no clue as to why sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not, Great help.

Louise Parrish
R
Ram
May 2, 2004
Even going back to systems as early as 6 (if I remember correctly) and even in programs as frivolous as word processors, I found that clearing up the clipboard prevented trouble down the road. My almost subconscious practice ever since has been to copy a single character or pixel a couple of times in quick succession after having loaded up a big chunk of data into the clipboard and finishing the paste or whatever operation I’m performing. It’s the low-tech but effective approach to purging the clipboard. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections