EW
Posted By
Elmo Watson
Oct 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had saved an old tutorial for a technique that I’ve used for years with PS.
I select an object, create an alpha channel – blur it, and then go to Filter/Render/Lighting Effects, using the Alpha channel for filling out the layer – –

However, I tried this technique with CS2 (very new to CS2) – and Lighting Effects is disabled – – I can’t even choose it – –

Am I missing something?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EW
Elmo Watson
Oct 24, 2005
BTW – I found the note in the FAQs to turn Indexing on for that folder – – it was already turned on – so that didn’t help.

"Elmo Watson" wrote in message
I select an object, create an alpha channel – blur it, and then go to Filter/Render/Lighting Effects, using the Alpha channel for filling out the layer – –

However, I tried this technique with CS2 (very new to CS2) – and Lighting Effects is disabled – – I can’t even choose it – –

Am I missing something?
C
Clyde
Oct 24, 2005
Elmo Watson wrote:

Am I missing something?

I think this only works in 8 bit mode.

Clyde

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections