JM
Posted By
Jemma_Martin
Jul 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any reason that the Lighting Effects filter only works on RGB files and not CMYK files?

I want to use this Filter on about 40 Hi-Res images that are already saved as CMYK JPGs and I would rather not have to convert them all to RGB, apply the filter then convert them back to CMYK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

J

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DK
Doug_Katz
Jul 27, 2004
Channel by channel would be your only option, I think.
B
Buko
Jul 27, 2004
This is why it is best to always keep your images as RGB right up until you need to make them CMYK. for starters RGB has a wider gamut than CMYK. also converting to CMYK as the last step in your workflow lets you have access to all the filters in Photoshop as well as converting to a custom CMYK profile for the particular press the job will be going on.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 27, 2004
I don’t believe Lighting Effects will work channel by channel or in any mode other than GB.
DK
Doug_Katz
Jul 27, 2004
I believe you are right, Ed. Not even channel by channel in this case.
JM
Jemma_Martin
Jul 28, 2004
Thanks for the help

J

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections