RP
Posted By
Russell_Proulx
May 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Perhaps someone here has come across this JPG problem before and might know its cause.

Using Internet Explorer one can ‘right-click’ on a JPG in a webpage and select ‘Save Picture As…’. You are then presented with the usual ‘Save Picture’ dialogue with a drop down menu offering to save it as either a JPG or BMP. On my client’s computer the only save format option she sees is BMP. On some images she can save the image and on others she cannot.

I use Photoshop and ‘Web Photo Gallery’ to create these JPGs and wonder if there’s something in the way Photoshop creates the JPG that might cause this strange behaviour?

Fwiw I have no problem saving the same images as JPGs via ‘right-click’ + ‘Save Picture As…’ and the client has noted that some other computers in their office are not affected by this.

The client needs to choose from a number of optional image and grab the ones she needs for Powerpoint presentations (or Acrobat documents). It’s rather inconvenient to have to be contacted by her to email back the images she needs.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Russell

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections