Posted By
RTM
Aug 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Try this:
Make a new layer between the Background layer and the other(s). Turn off the Background layer (click the eye icon in the layers palette) and make your new layer active. Then do a ‘Merge Visible’ to convert these layers to a single layer. Turn the background layer back on and then Flatten the image. —

Ron.

BF wrote in message
I made a layer, for a background, with effects such as bevel, gradient overlay etc. When I flatten the image the effects get lost. There must be something that has to be done to the effects in the layer before
flattening
but after a couple hours of reading the help and playing I can’t figure it out. Any ideas?
Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
Aug 8, 2003
BF wrote:

I made a layer, for a background, with effects such as bevel, gradient overlay etc. When I flatten the image the effects get lost. There must be something that has to be done to the effects in the layer before flattening but after a couple hours of reading the help and playing I can’t figure it out. Any ideas?
Thanks
I have heard of people having this problem but never seen it. You shouldn’t have to do anything; just flatten. Something’s wrong. Reset Prefs maybe?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
B
ben-dover
Aug 10, 2003
did you double click the layer in the layer pallette to turn it into a layer?
"edjh" wrote in message
BF wrote:

I made a layer, for a background, with effects such as bevel, gradient overlay etc. When I flatten the image the effects get lost. There must
be
something that has to be done to the effects in the layer before
flattening
but after a couple hours of reading the help and playing I can’t figure
it
out. Any ideas?
Thanks
I have heard of people having this problem but never seen it. You shouldn’t have to do anything; just flatten. Something’s wrong. Reset Prefs maybe?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections