AM
Posted By
Allen_Matsumoto
Oct 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know how to change the default settings in Photoshop layer effects? There are a few that I *always* end up changing, and it gets pretty old after a few hundred times.

For example, my default for Stroke is a 3 pt red stroke on the outside. I typically stroke to the inside, so I need to change that virtually every time. And I’m not sure I’ve ever used a 3 pt red stroke, though given infinite time, it could happen.

Same with Outside Glow: When I want a light glow, I never want the eggshell yellow in the default. But if I could reset the preferences, I would probably set up a black glow with a multiply blend mode.

It’s just a click here and a second there, but I think I could have written a novel in the aggregated time spent changing defaults. (Sure, I know I can paste or apply saved layer styles, but that’s another step vs. just having the defaults be close to settings I commonly use.)

Anyone? I’m hoping this is a Photoshop 101 thing that I just never came across.

Thanks,

Allen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SW
Scott_Weichert
Oct 23, 2008
You can’t.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections