Posted By
William Gargan
Oct 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I am probably just an old bonehead — but, I have read the manual and the help menu stuff — repetitively — and tried repeatedly. I have also done a search on recent posts. I found one post I really thought was manna. . . but, I stll cannot take a jpg, convert it to a gif and then take a plain white background and make that background transparent for webpage posting as a gif.

For the record, I have no problem doing it with Microsoft Photo Editor, so it is not like I am in trouble. It is just that I would like to be able to do it in Photoshop Elements 2. It it so sophisticated that I cannot make this happen.

In Photo Editor I simply click a tool and point it at the color I want to be the transparent color. Voila — done!!!

Can someone post ultimately clear — no-brainer — directions on how to take a nice jpg with a white background and get this done?

Sincere appreciation in advance,

Bill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections