Creating actions involving Transparent GIFs?

J
Posted By
jackbooot
Oct 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all!

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I’m having. Is there some way to create a Photoshop action that involves knocking out a color when using the "Save For Web" option?

I am creating hundreds of images for a website. All of these images have the same color background.

Currently my images are TIFs, resized and then "Saved for Web", at which point I select the background color, make it transparent and save the file as a GIF.

When I create a PS action for this procedure, it does not actually take the step of selecting the color and making it transparent, it just saves my TIF as a GIF.

I am selecting the exact same color in every file, so I would think there must be some way to automate this process. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am using either v7.0 or CS, depending on where I am on a given day…

Thanks for your time!
Carl

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

HL
Harry Limey
Oct 22, 2004
I have no idea why this is happening but……
Could you do this in two stages? with two separate actions – the last action being save for web as gif?
Harry

"Carl Podhurz" wrote in message
Hello all!

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I’m having. Is there some way to create a Photoshop action that involves knocking out a color when using the "Save For Web" option?

I am creating hundreds of images for a website. All of these images have the same color background.

Currently my images are TIFs, resized and then "Saved for Web", at which point I select the background color, make it transparent and save the file as a GIF.

When I create a PS action for this procedure, it does not actually take the step of selecting the color and making it transparent, it just saves my TIF as a GIF.

I am selecting the exact same color in every file, so I would think there must be some way to automate this process. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am using either v7.0 or CS, depending on where I am on a given day…

Thanks for your time!
Carl

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.782 / Virus Database: 528 – Release Date: 22/10/2004

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections