DN
Posted By
david_nisbet
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When trying to open the program I get an error message "Could not initialize Photoshop because the scratch disks are full". I have over 1Gb of space on Primary drive and 8Gb of space on secondary drive. I’ve deleted all .tmp files, defragmented the hardrives, and increased the paging file system to 700mb. Restarted Windows 2000 several times but I still get the same message.

I have a 1.7mhz p4 running Windows 2000, 2gb ram. This problem started after playing around in imageready, crashing the program, then shutting down for the day. The next day I can no longer open Photoshop. Please help!! Is there a system file which photoshop is using to determine scratch disk size which I could change in order to solve this problem?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2005
try resetting the prefrences per the faq.
L
LenHewitt
May 6, 2005
Try deleting your prefs file as per Forum FAQs
DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2005
DN
david_nisbet
May 6, 2005
Can you be more specific? Where in the forums FAQ are you talking about? I could not find anything; however, using my powers of reason I have renamed the prefs.psp file in all users directory under document settings/application data/ adobe….etc…

I get the same message and Adobe will not initialize. Any other ideas? TIA.
CC
Chris_Cox
May 7, 2005
If it still says "because the scratch disks are full" then you need to clean off some room on the scratch disk or change the scratch disk location.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections