KP
Posted By
Ken_Pratt
Aug 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been trying to help a friend who also does video editing using Premiere Pro 1.5 but since he upgraded Audition to 1.5 and Encore Photoshop CS will not initialize.

It seems very strange that he still has Photoshop 7 installed and that works fine as do all his other Adobe products.

His system is very new and has a 3g Pentium 4 running XP home.

I talked him through deleting the pref file and he has also tried reloading Photoshop. My forum and knowledge base search have not enabled me to solve the problem so I would be most grateful for any help.

Regards,
Ken

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 15, 2004
Photoshop CS will not initialize

For the sake of clarification, what exactly does that mean?
KP
Ken_Pratt
Aug 16, 2004
When Photoshop is starting up a message appears on the screen to say it can’t initialize.

Sorry I was a bit vague.

Regards Ken
SS
Stephanie_Schaefer
Aug 16, 2004
Has he tried uninstalling the Encore and Audition updates to determine if that somehow caused the problem with Photoshop CS? Did he also install Prem Pro 1.5 on this system? If so, did Photoshop CS initialize after that installation?
KP
Ken_Pratt
Aug 17, 2004
I don’t think he has but I will try it when I go over to his house this afternoon and then I will have more details,

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ken
KP
Ken_Pratt
Aug 18, 2004
The problem is now solved.

It seems that the upgrades were a bit of a red herring. It was possible to start Photoshop in safe mode so I used msconfig to disable all the start programs and it then started in normal mode. After running Spybot and Norton a couple of times I managed to remove the programs that were causing the problem. Why is did not stop Photoshop 7 starting I will never know.

Thanks to those that offered help.

Regards,
Ken

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections