T
Posted By
TDTaylor
Oct 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After years of using Photoshop, Indesign and lately Lightroom, I am getting the message:

"Could not initialize Photoshop because the disk is not available."

My versions are Mac versions of CS3, latest update for PS & ID, and 2.1 for Lightroom. I usually open Photoshop through Lightroom, although not always. All the other Adobe programs are working well. I am on Mac OS10.5.5.

This weekend I did monthly maintenance with Techtools, performing monthly maintenance and optimizing my raids. Last week I installed the Rawdata 4.6, but used it for hours after that. At this point, I don’t think there were any updates that were installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Terry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 28, 2008
Did you move or rename any Photoshop components? Did you run Disk Utility? Did you try resetting Photoshop permissions? Did you try logging in as a new user?

Can you clue us in with your Mac OS, RAM and free disk space?

That said, I don’t know about TechTools (I use DiskWarrior as my alternate maintenance tool), Rawdata, or how any of this affects RAID systems.

Neil
B
Buko
Oct 28, 2008
sounds like the scratch disk is gone.
R
Ram
Oct 28, 2008
I installed the Rawdata 4.6

"Rawdata 4.6" ??? Are you by any chance referring to the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in 4.6 (ACR 4.6)?
T
TDTaylor
Oct 28, 2008
Buko-

I think you named the problem. At one point over the weekend, I changed the scratch disk to a disk with much more space. Forgot all about it.

Now the dilemma- how do I change it back without being able to open the program. Or do I simply need to load the program a new from the disk.

Thanks for the help.

I did install ACR 4.6, which in the Library is installed as "Rawdata."

Terry
R
Ram
Oct 28, 2008
Hold down Command Option Shift as you launch the application until you see a dialog box asking you to delete preferences, then click the box.
R
Ram
Oct 28, 2008
I did install ACR 4.6, which in the Library is installed as "Rawdata."

"Rawdata", whatever that may be, is not related to ACR. :/
T
TDTaylor
Oct 28, 2008
Thank you so much. After 20 years of using Photoshop without any significant problems, it is amazing what one can forget. The nice thing about macs (I have 25 of them) is you just use the program.

Thanks again,

Terry

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections