B
Posted By
Bernie
Sep 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There may be a simple solution, but it has me stumped. I see a lot of references to using the palette well in PE2. I guess it must be on the right end of the screen to the right of the ? mark. It seems all I have there is a small window with..filters/undo history. I cannot get anything to open with TABS. I was experimenting with the recent thread about clouds and the plane with two of my photos. How do I get the folders with tabs?
Thank you

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 24, 2003
Earl, to make the palette well a useful size, you have to increase your screen resolution from 800×600 to 1024×768 – which brings about some challenges in reading the fine print. Once you do that, you’ll have a well large enough hold about 6 or seven key ‘folders’. If the well doesn’t contain one that you want, you can open the folder by going to the Window option in the main toolbar, click on the one you want, and when it appears, click More and make sure Close to Palette Well is checked. Similarly, if there’s one that’s in the well that you never use, click on the tab, then click More, then unclick Close to Palette Well.

Chuck
B
Bernie
Sep 24, 2003
Thanks Chuck, Mine is set at 800×600. I knew it had to be there somewhere, but even searching the manual, I was coming up empty. I know I learn a little bit more about this program everyday by reading the forum and trying the different problems. Guess I’ll have to make a trip to Wally-World for paper and ink if I keep printing out these threads. Thanks again.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 24, 2003
Earl, while you’re at WalMart you might want to buy some stronger reading glasses for the display when you make the switch to 1024×768…..

🙂
LG
Lorace Graham
Sep 25, 2003
I have to agree about the reading glasses, Chuck. LOL. I had the same problem, Earl, and changed my resolution and now the pallet works beautifully.

If you never close the Layers pallet, I think you’re better off. I’ve even learned how to grab it with the tiny arrows and make it longer. I haven’t tried making it wider, though, which would be nice.

Good luck, Earl. I’m learning, too, and get so excited whenever I have a little breatkthrough, even if it is just being able to use the pallet well.

Chuck’s replies are always so helpful. I have a notebook full of the printouts. Neat.

Lorace
B
Bernie
Sep 25, 2003
Thanks again Lorace and Chuck, Glasses???Hmmmm, wish I could keep my glasses on while using the computer. I have to remove them completely in order to make out anything on the screen or stand back about 5 feet. Couple years ago I even tried the "no line progressive Bifocals", big mistake, could not get use to them so after a couple months had to revert back to lined bifocals. Now if I could just figure out how to do these Challenges…..
AM
Al Millstein
Sep 25, 2003
Earl-

Don’t know if you’re old enuf to have had many eyeglass changes. I generally have a set of reading glasses composed of the reading part of the bifocals and they work pretty good at the computer.

But here’s my main point. Keep trying out all of your old glasses with earlier prescriptions. As they have changed and my eyes change over the years, I find that the old lenses give a better focus at computer-viewing distance. Try it.

Al
P
Phosphor
Sep 25, 2003
Hey, that’s a good one, Al! Time to start scrounging in drawers.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 25, 2003
Far be it from me to dispense medical advice without a license….but – my opthalmologist has shown great objectivity with me, in indicating that as I have no astigmatism or other eye abnormalities, it’s perfectly acceptable for me to buy my reading glasses off the rack at
Walgreen’s/Eckerd/CVS/WalMart…! This, by the way, is a doctor who has an optical store as an adjunct to his practice! I started getting presbyopia at age 40, so I’ve been buying the magnifiers for a long time… The most I’ve ever paid for reading glasses is $55 (at a place called Reading Glasses to Go); current pair was under $10…

🙂
AM
Al Millstein
Sep 26, 2003
presbyopia, eh. That certainly sounds serious.

Al
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 26, 2003
Al….the literal translation is something like ‘aging eyes’…..very appropriate!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections