Action Palette: Insert item from menu – how it works?

DR
Posted By
Dino_Roncalli
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need an automated action capable to display the coverage shown in the Istogram window: this should be possible by means of Insert from menu, but I get "item from menu: none selected" message. The italian version and help file is not clear: would anyone let me have better explanation of the procedure?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DR
Dino_Roncalli
Nov 7, 2003
I have browsed the forum and found that YrbkMgr already answered to my question; in effect the explanation is not clear as it’s enough to continue, after the warning message, selecting the command from menu eand issuing OK in the message panel at end. It works!
TM
Trevor_Morris
Nov 7, 2003
From <http://user.fundy.net/morris/photoshop21.shtml>

Insert Menu Item
This command allows you to insert the selected menu item into the current action. Inserted items appear below the active action step. This command is available regardless of whether or not you are in record mode.

Two key uses for this command are: to insert commands that may otherwise be unavailable (or inaccessible) while in record mode (such as showing or hiding palettes); or, to insert a command without values (so as to prompt the user for input when the action is played).

While the dialog is open, simply choose the desired command from the menus and it will be inserted into the current action.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections