A
Posted By
adammleahy
Aug 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to make some custom color palettes in P.S. 7. I can create a swatch palette that I can save and import, but I can’t access it through the "custom" button in the color picker. My palettes are created with a .aco extention, there are other palettes that have a .acb extention. The icon for the .aco is labeled "Swatch", and the .acb ones are labeled "Book".

Do I need to create something with a .acb extension for it to be seen in the "custom colors" window?

Is there a way to make a custom color palette that is accessible along with the Pantone ones, and etc., from the "custom colors" window?

Thanks,
Adam

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 6, 2004
I can’t find a way to make a Custom .acb file loadable in the Picker.

However, if you Save your .aco file in Presets/Swatches, you should be able to Load it as a SWATCH palette—either appended or as a replacement for your current one.

Wouldn’t that work for you?
A
adammleahy
Aug 6, 2004
Ann,

Thanks. Are you saying you know how to make a .acb file? How did you do that?

Yes. I have my .aco file that I can access through the swatches palette, and it is really handy, but even better would be if I could get it from the "Custom Colors/Picker" window as well.

-Adam
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 6, 2004
I just tried saving a swatch .aco file as an .acb file and loading it through the picker. It doesn’t work!

Try opening a real .acb file and a Swatch file saved as an .acb in Text Edit and you will see the difference.

The true .acb uses special code.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections