ER
Posted By
Erik_R_Bergquist
Feb 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I try out a ton of actions and shapes–and now my pop-up palette menus are a mile long. How do I do some house cleaning and reset the pop-up palette menus for actions and custom shapes.

Here’s what’s happening:
Whenever I load an action or custom shape, then later remove/delete it from the palette, the action/shape name still shows up in the pop-up palette menu–there are more than a few actions and custom shapes that I’ll never use again.

Note: I store most of my downloaded actions and shapes in a folders I created in the "Presets" folder. Should I move these?

I realize I can uncheck the ‘eye’ box in the Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus window but that would just leave a mess in the that menu. I like things neat. Can you say OCD?

I want to reset the pop-up palette menus completely–and reload the actions and shapes I use most.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 6, 2007
Do you have them in Sets in the Actions palette? If so, and they are in the appropriate folders in the Presets folder, you can just delete them from the palette and load them again as needed from the flyout arrow menu.

If you want to permanently delete an action, drag the .atn file to the trash (Recycle in Windoze). Note, that will get rid of all the actions in the set. But you can drag them from set to set first.

Same deal with other Presets. Also, look at the Presets Manager.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections