Posted By
cmorley
Sep 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all,
I’ve got two screen shots, each a different screen color. I need to go into one and change the darker gray to match the lighter gray of the other. Paint shop pro has a tool to do this. (you select both colors and the tool will wipe our the color you don’t want and replace it with only the color you do want)

I can’t find a similar function in Photoshop.

Help!

TIA
cm

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy S
Sep 18, 2003

c. morley,

PSE has a similar functionality using the "Replace Color" command, though you can’t substitute the new color "by numbers". Being that your color in question is gray, I think it would not be hard. You would need to eyeball the shade of grey to match but then you could verify with the eyedropper.

Or you could use the magic wand (not contiguous)to select the grey in the undesired shade and use the paintbucket or alt-backspace to fill with the desired shade (after having sampled the desired shade and put it in the color box within the Toolbox).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections