JT
Posted By
Jeanne_Tifft
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Seeking advice on the following problem with jpg conversions from psd and tif image files:

Converting a Photoshop or Tif image to a jpg using Save For Web in PSCS the image acquires a heavy magenta tone, especially when red is an important hue in the composition.

Converting first to sRGB and then Save As JPG usually works without adding the magenta tone but not always.

Have done extensive comparative workflows (see some of this on <http://www.jldtifft.com/RecentAdditions/RGBTests>

Seems the most effective fix that I have found is in Channel Mixer, pressing hard on green in each channel with concurrent + and – adjustments in the other hues as well. But it’s a trial-and-error process with every single image which is crazy-making.

My monitor (Viewsonic LCD) is calibrated w/PhotoCal Spyder. My OS is Windows XP professional. I’ve been using Photoshop & upgrading regularly for about 5 years. This issue came up as I’m developing a portfolio web site of stock photos. What happens to a gorgeous .psd by the time it hits the Web site is really disgusting!

Can anyone explain why this happens? And what is a reliable fix? Many thanks!

Yes I’m going to re-install PSCS next.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 26, 2005
Sounds like your working space profile doesn’t match your display profile – and they shouldn’t.

Converting to sRGB is the correct solution.

There is no mystery, just the fact that Photoshop is color managed and most other applications are not.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections