J
Posted By
jrsyangl
Jan 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to prevent the Photo Downloader from turning on every time a card is loaded into the card reader. Unchecking the box in Camera and Card Reader Preferences did not work. Preventing PhotoElementsFileAgent from loading initially by using msconfig, as suggested elsewhere in the forum, stops Photo Downloader, but there is a warning message at every restart about using a Selective Startup. I hope there is a simpler way using PE itself. Any suggestions would be appreciated. PSE3&4 on XP Pro SP2.
Lou

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
seaside
Jan 14, 2007
In article <P5eqh.2011$ says…
I am trying to prevent the Photo Downloader from turning on every time a card is loaded into the card reader. Unchecking the box in Camera and Card Reader Preferences did not work. Preventing PhotoElementsFileAgent from loading initially by using msconfig, as suggested elsewhere in the forum, stops Photo Downloader, but there is a warning message at every restart about using a Selective Startup. I hope there is a simpler way using PE itself. Any suggestions would be appreciated. PSE3&4 on XP Pro SP2.
Lou
I find the simpliest solution is to ‘right click’ on the icon in the taskbar and switch it off.
RW
Roger Whitehead
Jan 14, 2007
In article <P5eqh.2011$>, Jrsyangl wrote:
I am trying to prevent the Photo Downloader from turning on every time a card is loaded into the card reader. Unchecking the box in Camera and Card Reader Preferences did not work.

Perhaps Tip3 here will help –
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/03/30/PE3forWindows.htm l

Roger
J
jrsyangl
Jan 14, 2007
Roger,
Thanks a lot. A minor variant of the Tip (I used Start>Control Panel… because I couldn’t find C:\Control Panel as the Tip suggested) worked perfectly.
Lou

"Roger Whitehead" wrote in message
In article <P5eqh.2011$>, Jrsyangl wrote:
I am trying to prevent the Photo Downloader from turning on every time a
card is loaded into the card reader. Unchecking the box in Camera and Card Reader Preferences did not work.

Perhaps Tip3 here will help –
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/03/30/PE3forWindows.htm l

Roger

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections