XW
Posted By
Xavier_Wynn
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone have a solution to simplify this process? I wish to take a folder of images, combine them into one layered file where each layer is named from the original file.

Thank you

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Apr 2, 2004
Copy,

Paste.
CS
Carl_Stawicki
Apr 2, 2004
Scripting.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 2, 2004
It’s pretty easy to make an action that will combine a folder full of files into one Photoshop file, but naming the layers from the original files would require some kind of scripting solution.

To combine your folder all into one file, make a Master Document that would not be in the folder. Then make an action on one file that goes like this: Duplicate Layer choosing the Master Document as the destination. You can run this as a Batch form File>Automate.

It’s fairly easy to make a list of every name of every file in a folder in Applescript so I think naming the layers might not be so difficult, but it’s beyond my current ability. You could ask on te Scripting forum.
XW
Xavier_Wynn
Apr 2, 2004
Thank you ed ….. can’t believe someone answered so quickly …..
P
Phosphor
Apr 2, 2004
Ever heard of "drag-and-drop"?
😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections