Combining multiple files into one file (layers)?

J
Posted By
juggo
Jul 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I use Photoshop 7.0 and have been using different versions of the program for 4-5 years.

My question/problem is I have hundreds of images (.bmp files), all the same resolution, and I need to combine them into one photoshop file (.psd) seperated into layers.

Yes, I could open them all manually, and simply drag each image into the new file, creating a new layer for each image, but I’m looking for a faster (or batch) route.

I’ve searched around in the program looking for solutions. The only way that I see could possibly solve the issue is by using actions, then going into batch mode with it. Is there any other way or should I just try to mess around with different actions until I find a way that will quickly do the job?

Thanks in advance…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
edjh
Jul 12, 2004
juggo wrote:
Hello,

I use Photoshop 7.0 and have been using different versions of the program for 4-5 years.

My question/problem is I have hundreds of images (.bmp files), all the same resolution, and I need to combine them into one photoshop file (.psd) seperated into layers.

Yes, I could open them all manually, and simply drag each image into the new file, creating a new layer for each image, but I’m looking for a faster (or batch) route.

I’ve searched around in the program looking for solutions. The only way that I see could possibly solve the issue is by using actions, then going into batch mode with it. Is there any other way or should I just try to mess around with different actions until I find a way that will quickly do the job?

Thanks in advance…

Easy. Make your own action. First make a blank "Master" file that will be the final file. Then put the images in a folder and make an action that goes like this: Duplicate Layer with the Master document as the destination document. Run the action through File>Automate>Batch.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
J
juggo
Jul 12, 2004
edjh wrote in
news:AkEIc.221$:

juggo wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance…

Easy. Make your own action. First make a blank "Master" file that will be the final file. Then put the images in a folder and make an action that goes like this: Duplicate Layer with the Master document as the destination document. Run the action through File>Automate>Batch.

Thanks, I presumed something like that would be the way to do it, just assumed there might be an individual feature in photoshop that allows you to import multiple files into one file, guess not.

Thanks again,

juggo
W
wbm
Jul 13, 2004
Here one way,
Open Image Ready
FIle>Import>Folders as frames
Select the folder where all you images are
wait for the import, eventually, every image will be in it’s own layer Click Edit in Photoshop, and all your images will open in a new PSD in individual layers.

"juggo" wrote in message
edjh wrote in
news:AkEIc.221$:

juggo wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance…

Thanks, I presumed something like that would be the way to do it, just assumed there might be an individual feature in photoshop that allows you to import multiple files into one file, guess not.

Thanks again,

juggo
TC
Tony Cooper
Jul 13, 2004
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:01:39 -0000, juggo
wrote:

Hello,

Your question is answered elsewhere, but I’m curious about the "why" of what you are doing. Why would you want a file with hundreds of layers? What effect do you end up with?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections